On June 17, 1945 the first service
of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in Hawthorne was held in Goodale Mortuary,
with Rev. Norman Hammer, area missionary of Southern California, conducting
the service. The congregation was formally organized September 18,
1945 and chose Trinity Lutheran as its name.
Charter Members at Goodale
The Congregation worshiped at
the American Legion Hall and the Community Recreation Hall before property
was purchased at 130th Street and Inglewood Avenue. The Church (now the
parish hall) and day school were dedicated in the fall of 1947.
American Legion Hall
Sunday School at Recreation
Parish Hall (was first
across the street from the present parish hall was acquired in 1955.
The formal dedication of the present sanctuary took place on March 23,
The Adult Ministry Center
across the patio from the sanctuary was dedicated on September 19, 1976.
Adult Ministry Center
In 1988 the sanctuary interior
and the adjacent patio were completely refurbished.
Continued growth of the
church and school was evidenced by the building of a two story administration
building which included additional classrooms. It was dedicated in
Our original preschool was started
in 1962. A new preschool with a capacity of 120 students was built
Our Senior Pastors
Rev. Gaylord Falde
1946 to 1950
||Pastor Falde was installed
March 17, 1946. He served until October 1950, when he was called
to be President of the California District of the Evangelical Lutheran
Church. He was Bishop Emeritus of the South Pacific District of the
American Lutheran Church at the time of his death August 15, 1989.
Rev. Andrew C. Anderson
1951 to 1960
||Pastor Andy Anderson was
installed on March 18, 1951. He served until December 1959, when
he received a call to Prince of Peace Lutheran Church in Costa Mesa.
He remained there 22 years until his retirement. He went home to
the Lord November 18, 1986.
Rev. Orvile Hiepler
1960 to 1978
||On May 12, 1960 Pastor Hiepler
was installed and began his 17 years as our pastor. He was called
to First Lutheran Church at Camarillo, California in 1978.
Rev. Merlin Seal
1978 to 1983
||Pastor Seal was installed
December 3, 1978, and served until December 1983. He is now retired.
Rev. O. K. Anderson
1984 to 1993
||Installation for Pastor
O. K. Anderson was August 19, 1984. He served until September 1993.
He is now serving as a pastor in South Dakota.
Rev. Lawrence Becker
1994 to Present
||Pastor Lawrence Becker was
installed on September 11, 1994 and is presently serving as our Senior
Top | Home
| Worship Schedule
| Christian Education
Maps | School
| Preschool |
Youth | History
| Music Ministry
Lutherans Worship | What
Lutherans Believe | WELCA
Search | Newsletter
Articles | Windows